Scholarships unavailable for 2021 due to the cancellation of The Expo
*SCHOLARSHIPS* of up to $1,000 are available through the Taranaki Careers & Training Expo Trust. The money can be used to fund post-secondary education by paying course fees, course-related costs or costs associated with apprenticeships. Entrants must be intending to further their education in a recognised course offered by a university, polytechnic, technical institute, wānanga, private training establishment or approved training programme.
*The scholarship will be retained by Taranaki Careers and Training Expo trust and uplifted at the time of enrolment.
CAREER PLAN PROJECT
Prepare a personalised Career Plan divided into the following sections:
- State your career pathway.
- Describe how your personal qualities, skills, values and interests relate to this career pathway.
- Research the duties, skills, training and qualifications that are required for this career pathway.
- Design a career plan (time line) taking you from the present to the completion of your training - give dates for each step in your plan. Included in this, you need to indicate where the scholarship money will be used.
- Bibliography or list of resources used to gather this information, including an outline of your visit to the Taranaki Careers and Training Expo being held in August.
- Personal qualities, etc - how well do you relate to the career pathway?
- Depth of research into duties, skills, training and qualifications
- Career plan (time line), dates and research
- List of resources
- Presentation – originality and effort
- Accuracy of research.
Taranaki Year 12 or 13 secondary students or anyone wishing to further their education or start a new career are eligible. Entrants must be New Zealand Citizens or have permanent resident status.
Deadline: 5pm Monday 6th September 2021
Download Print Out Here:
Physical entries to be lodged with;
The career plan project can be presented in any medium.